- OBDURATE Dictionary lookup
: Hard-hearted; stubborn - an obdurate, unrepentant criminal.
Synonyms:adamant, unyielding, inflexible
Antonyms:submissive, docile, compliant
- OBLIVIOUS Dictionary lookup
(noun: OBLIVION): Forgetful; absent-minded - walking oblivious of his surroundings.
Synonyms:unmindful, heedless, abstracted
- OBSESSION Dictionary lookup
: A persistent feeling, idea, activity, etc., which dominates a person; the state of being exclusively preoccupied by a fixed idea - Now that he has learned bowling, it has become his obsession.
Synonyms:mania, infatuation (a foolish passion), monomania
- OBSOLETE Dictionary lookup
: No longer in use - an obsolete word, not even included by most dictionaries.
- OBTRUSIVE Dictionary lookup
(verb: OBTRUDE): Thrusting oneself or itself into undue prominence - made himself obnoxiously obtrusive.
- OBVIATE Dictionary lookup
: To prevent, dispose of, or make unnecessary by appropriate actions - an act which obviated all objections.
- OMNIPOTENT Dictionary lookup
: All-powerful - an omnipotent despot.
390. ONUS: Burden; duty; obligation - bore the onus of his difficult office creditably.
391. OSTENSIBLE: Apparent; pretended - his ostensible, though not actual, purpose.
Synonyms:professed, plausible (that is, appearing true, reasonable, or fair), specious
- OSTRACIZE Dictionary lookup
: To banish; to exclude from public favor or privileges - a former premier ostracized by popular vote.